Bars and Squares
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut buttter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup regular oats, uncooked
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
Combine first 9 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
Press dough into a greased 13x 9x2s inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate morsels. Let stand 5 minutes or until morsels. Let stand 5 minutes or until morsels met; spread evenly over surface.
Combine powdered sugar, 1/4 cup peanut butter, and milk in a small mixing bowl; beat well. Drizzle mixture over cookies. Cut into 2×1 inch bars.
Yield: about 4 1/2 dozen.