Bars and Squares
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups cooked, mashed pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs’2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine coconut, graham cracker crumbs, walnuts and melted butter in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Press two-thirds of mixture into an ungreased 13x 9×2 inch baking pan.
Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, spice, and salt. Spoon over coconut mixture; sprinkle remaining coconut mixture over top. Bake at 375° for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pan; chill thoroughly. Cut into 3×2 inch bars.
Yield: about 2 dozen.