Bars and Squares
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Place butter in a 9 inch square baking pan, and bake at 324° until melted; remove from oven. Layer graham cracker crumbs, coconut, chocolate morsels, butterscotch morsels, and pecans in pan with melted butter. (Do not stir). Spread condensed milk evenly over top. Bake at 325° for minutes. Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares and remove to wire racks to cool.
Yield: 3 dozen.
Note: Walnuts may be substituted for pecans. This recipe freezes well.