- 2 (4 ounce) packages sweet baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
Melt chocolate and butter in top of a double boiler over simmering water.
Beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar, beating 5 minutes or until thickened. Add chocolate mixture; beat well.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Add to egg mixture, stirring until well blended. Fold in vanilla and pecans; chill.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookies sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks.
Yield: about 4 dozen.