- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking or regular oats, uncooked
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch morsels
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating well.
Combine flour, soda, salt and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients, blending well.
Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Yield: 4 dozen.