- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup golden raisins, washed, drained, and coarsely chopped
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg; beat well.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture, blending well. Stir in vanilla, pecans, and raisins. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen.