- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Cream butter, shortening, and cream cheese; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well. Stir in chocolate.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in pecans.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Yield: about 6 dozen.