- 1/2 cup butter, margarine, or shortening, softened
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
Cream butter and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg, beating until well blended. Stir in vanilla, blending well.
Combine flour, soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; add to creamed mixture, mixing until well blended. Stir in chocolate morsels.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Yield: about 4 1/2 dozen.
Note: Butterscotch morsels may be substituted for the chocolate morsels, if desired.