- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup shortening, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) carton commercial sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn flakes
Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Cream shortening in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in corn flakes, and add to creamed mixture; mixture; mix just until blended. Stir in reserved chocolate. Chill 1 hour.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 425° for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Spread frosting evenly over each cookie.
Yield: about 6 dozen.
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
Melt chocolate and butter in top of a double boiler over simmering water. Add milk and powdered sugar; beat with a wire whisk until smooth.
Yield: frosting for about 6 dozen cookies.