- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/4 cups regular oats, uncooked
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Gradually add sugar to egg in a medium mixing bowl, beating until blended. Add melted butter; mix until well blended.
Combine oats, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; add to egg mixture, beating well. Stir in vanilla.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Yield: about 4 dozen.