- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. Stir in coffee.
Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, and allspice in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in raisins and pecans to coat well; add to creamed mixture.
Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Yield: about 5 1/2 dozen.