- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Frosting (recipe follows)
- Pecan halves
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; cut in butter and cream cheese with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add coconut and preserves, mixing well.
Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks. Spread each cookie with frosting, and top with a pecan half.
Yield: about 3 dozen.
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
Combine all ingredients; beat until well blended.
Yield: frosting for about 3 dozen cookies.