- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (8 ounce) packages chopped pitted dates
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package candied yellow pineapple, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package candied red cherries, cut into quarters
Cream butter: gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well.
Combine flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well. Stir in the remining ingredients.
Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheets 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Yield: about 7 dozen.