- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package candied pineapple, chopped
- 1/4 pound candied orange rind, chopped
- 1/4 pound candied lemon rind, chopped
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 2 1/2 cups flour, mixing until well blended.
Combine 1/2 cup flour, soda, and cardamom in a large mixing bowl; add pecans and chopped candied fruit, tossing well to coat. Add to creamed mixture, and blend well.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 275° for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Yield: 5 dozen.