Rolled and Sliced Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. Add melted chocolate and vanilla, beating until well blended.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture, stirring well. Stir in walnuts.
Shaped dough into 2 rolls, 2 inches in diameter. Cover and chill overnight. Cut into 1/8 inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks.
Yield: about 13 dozen.