Rolled and Sliced Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream butter and peanut butter; add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Stir in vanilla.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture; mix well.
Shape dough into a roll, 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper, and chill 3 hours or until firm. Remove waxed paper, and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Yield: about 5 dozen.