Rolled and Sliced Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg; beat well. Stir in vanilla.
Sift together flour and cream of tartar in a medium mixing bowl; gradually add to creamed mixture, blending well. Stir in pecans.
Shape dough into 2 rolls, 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper, and chill until very firm. Remove waxed paper, and cut into 1/8 inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Yield: 4 dozen.