- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional sifted powdered sugar
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.
Combine flour, salt, and pecans; gradually add to creamed mixture, blending well. Chill until firm.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 400° for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Roll in additional powdered sugar while warm. Cool on wire racks, and roll again in powdered sugar.
Yield: about 4 dozen.