- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Additional Sifted powdered sugar
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla, blending well. Gradually add flour and chopped pecans, mixing just until well blended.
Shape dough into small crescents; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 250° for 40 to 50 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Roll in additional powdered sugar. Store in airtight containers.
Yield: about 2 dozen.