- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups chopped toasted almonds
- Additional sifted powdered sugar
Cream butter; gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
Sift together flour and salt; add to creamed mixture; blend well. Add almond extract and almonds; beat well. Chill 30 minutes.
Shape dough into 2 inch roll. Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Roll warm cookies in additional sugar, and sprinkle excess over tops. Cool on wire racks. Store in airtight containers.
Yield: 6 dozen.