- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped toasted almonds
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon shortening
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla, beating well. Add flour and salt, mixing until well blended. Stir in almonds. Chill dough thoroughly.
Shape dough into 2 inch rolls, using 1 tablespoon dough for each; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 325° for 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Melt chocolate and shortening in top of a double boiler over simmering water. Dip one end of each cookie in chocolate, letting excess drip off; leave cookies on wire racks until chocolate is set.
Yield: about 4 dozen.