- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Frosting (recipe follows)
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded coconut
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Stir in water and vanilla. Add flour, mixing well. Stir in pecans.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 300° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheets. Dip cookie in frosting, and roll in coconut.
Yield: about 4 dozen.
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup milk or half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- Dash of salt
Combine all ingredients; beat with a wire whisk until smooth.
Yield: frosting for about 4 dozen cookies.
Note: Coconut may be tinted by adding a few drops of food coloring to shredded coconut. Place in ajar, and shake until coconut is uniform in color.