- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup regular oats, uncooked
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Cream butter; add sugar, beating well. Add egg; beat well. Stir in vanilla.
Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a small mixing bowl; add to creamed mixture, beating well. Stir in oats, corn flakes, coconut, and pecans.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Yield: about 3 1/2 dozen.