- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purposed flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Lemon Frosting
Cream butter in a medium mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add flour and cornstarch; mix well. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls, and roll in pecans to coat lightly. Gently flatten each cookie with bottom of a glass dipped in flour. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Spread Lemon Frosting evenly over each cookie.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen.
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
Combine sugar, butter, and lemon juice; beat with a wire whisk until smooth.
Yield: frosting for 2 1/2 dozen cookies.