- 2 eggs
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground Brazil nuts
- Sifted powdered sugar (optional)
Beat eggs in large bowl until thick and lemon colored; gradually add brown sugar, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
Sift together four, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; stir in Brazil nuts to coat well. Add to creamed mixture, blending well. Chill several hours.
Shape dough by teaspoonful into 2 inch rolls; place 2 inches apart on well greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar, if desired.
Yield: about 12 1/2 dozen.
Note: Ends of baked sticks may be dipped in melted semisweet chocolate morsels and coated with ground nuts.