- 1/2 cup butte or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup plus w tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 4 1/2 cups regular oats uncooked
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup candy-coated peanut butter pieces
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, peanut butter, vanilla, and syrup; beat well. Add oats, soda, and salt; stirring well. Stir in peanut butter pieces and walnuts. (Batter will be stiff.)
Spoon dough, 1/4 cup at a time, 4 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets; press each into a 3 inch circle. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes. Centers of cookies will be slightly soft. Cool slightly on cookie sheets: remove to wire racks.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen.