- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morels, melted
- Decorator candies
Cream butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk, beating well. Stir in flour salt, lemon rind, and walnuts; mix well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Shape dough by tablespoonfuls into 2 inch logs; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Dip one end of each log in melted chocolate, and sprinkle with decorator candies. Place on wire racks until chocolate sets. Store between layers of waxed paper in airtight containers.
Yield: 12 dozen
Note: These cookies freeze well.