- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped dates or pecans (optional)
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs; beat well. Stir in vanilla. Add pecans butter, and mix well.
Sift together flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture. Add dates or pecans, if desired.
Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls; place 3 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Gently flatten with a fork dipped in water. Bank at 375° for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Yield: about 5 dozen.