- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- Red and green decorator sugar crystals (optional)
- Assorted candies and sprinkles (optional)
Cream together butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, bating until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.
Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until well blended. Shape dough into a ball, and chill thoroughly.
Press dough from a cookie press 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets, using desired shaping discs. Sprinkle with sugar crystals, if desired. Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes or until very lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Decorate with assorted candies and sprinkles, if desired.
Yield: about 4 dozen.