- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Chopped pecans
- Shredded coconut
- Colored sugar
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add edd and orange rind; beat well.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
Use a cookie press fitted with a star disc to shape dough into 3 inch long fingers on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 400° for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Melt chocolate morsels in top of a double boiler over simmering water. Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Gradually add whipping cream, stirring until well blended.
Dip ends of cookies in chocolate, covering 1/2 inch on each end. Sprinkle ends with pecans, coconut, or colored sugar. Place on wire racks until chocolate sets.
Yield: about 7 dozen.