- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg, warm water, vanilla, and peanut butter; beat well.
Combine flour, soda, and salt in a small mixing bowl; add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Press dough from a cookie press 2 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets, using a flower shaped disc. Place a chocolate morsel in center of each flower shape.
Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Chill 30 minutes or until chocolate center hardens.
Yield: about 10 dozen.