- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup finely ground, unbranched almonds
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
Sift almonds through a colander or coarse sieve; add to creamed mixture, mixing until well blended. Add lemon juice and egg, mixing well. Gradually blend in flour stirring well.
Press dough from a cookie press 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets, using desired discs. Bake at 400° for 7 to 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Yield: 5 1/2 dozen.