Peggy Ginn, FHS
- 15 1/2 oz can green beans
- 15 1/2 oz can yellow wax beans
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tsp liquid Sweet-10
- 1 tsp mixed pickling spices
- 2 slices crisp crumbled bacon
Drain beans; reserve 1/2 cup liquid. Combine reserved liquid with vinegar, onion, Sweet-10® and pickling spices. Add beans. Mix well. Cover. Marinate in refrigerator overnight, stirring occasionally. Before serving, sprinkle bacon over salad.
Makes 8 servings.
Tip: If desired, substitute 1/2 cup chopped celery for onion.