Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen From Union Parish
Amy lives in Union Parish and can be found at Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen on YouTube
GRILLED ROMAINE AND SHRIMP SALADS
- 2 HEARTS OF ROMAINE LETTUCE, rinsed, patted dry and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup BACON BITS
- 24 peeled and deveined SHRIMP
- 1/2 cup GRAPE TOMATOES, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup FETA CHEESE, crumbled
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced PURPLE (red) ONION
- 1/4 cup FRESH PARSLEY OR CILANTRO, chopped
Heat a cast iron griddle pan on medium high. Spray with cooking spray or brush with OLIVE OIL. Also brush the cut halves of the romaine with Olive oil. Place cut side down onto the hot griddle. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until the grill marks form. Set Aside. Season SHRIMP with salt, pepper and I added some Blackened Seasoning. Toss in some olive oil and place on the hot griddle. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side until pink and firm. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Top Lettuce with Shrimp, Tomatoes, Onion, Parsley, Feta Bacon Bits. Drizzle with Dressing. I made Ranch. Use your favorite. Serve Immediately!
- 1 package Hidden Valley RANCH DRESSING MIX, BUTTERMILK
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1 cup BUTTERMILK
- sprinkle of pepper and dried parsley (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a jar and top with the lid. Shake vigorously until blended.