Farmerville First Baptist Church Sesquicentennial Cookbook 1847-1997
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp vanillla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp liquid concentrated sweetener
- 2 cup apples, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup broken walnut meats of pecans
Mix and sift flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Add butter, vanilla, egg, and sweetener; beat until well blended. Stir in grated apples and nuts. Turn into well greased 8 inch square pan.
Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Cut in squares to serve. Makes 9 servings.